Our Chapel Serves initiative provides opportunities for people of all ages to serve our community and impact our region with the love of Jesus.
- January 12 (Snow Date January 19): Chapel Clean-up - Join us on Saturday, January 12 for a cleaning day at Chapel. Bring your own cleaning supplies as well as a cleaning supply to donate to our local food pantries.
- February 9: Pleasant Street Baptist Clothes Closet - Chapel of the Cross partners with Pleasant Street Baptist Church in Worcester to help those in need. One aspect of their ministry is a Clothes Closet for which we regularly collect donations. On Saturday, February 9, we will come together at Chapel to sort and bag the donations we have collected. Our GEMS will continue to serve those in need at Pleasant Street Baptist Church by preparing gift bags with essential items on Sunday, February 10.
- March (Date TBD): Fun at the Highlands - We are hoping to join the residents at the Highlands Retirement Home for a day of fun. Our plan is to participate in crafts, games, and a sing-along with the residents, so you can choose how you serve according to your interests and talents.
- April 12 and 13: Easter Egg Hunts - Eggs full of prizes, bounce houses, face-painting, crafts, games, and more are in store for families affected by special needs and our community in general at our annual Easter Egg Hunts. We will need lots of help preparing for and executing our Special Easter Egg Hunt on Friday, April 12 and our Easter Egg Hunt and Family Fun Day on Saturday, April 13.
- May: VBS Supplies for Africa - A missionary family in Tanzania, Africa offers 2 weeks of Vacation Bible School during the Christmas season. We will collect supplies for this VBS in May which will then be packaged and placed on a shipping container to arrive in Tanzania by Christmas. Specific items that the missionary needs will be published in May.
- June 8: Chapel at the Farm - We will support our local food pantries as they seek to provide healthy fruits and vegetables to those in need around the MetroWest by serving together at community farms on Saturday, June 8.
- July (Date TBD): Westborough Community Project - We will be working together in small groups to show God’s love by serving the town of Westborough in July. Join us at Chapel to receive your assignments then gather back at Chapel for pizza and fellowship when you are done!
- August 10: Backpack Packing Party - We will be collecting backpacks and school supplies for kids in foster care during the month of July, followed by a Backpack Packing Party and Cookout on Saturday, August 10 at 11:00am. Tags with supply needs will be available in the foyer beginning Sunday, July 7.
Chapel Serves projects take place on one Saturday each month. In addition to these monthly projects, many are making significant individual efforts, in addition to ongoing Outreach Ministries.