"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others." - 2 Timothy 2:2
The D-Group environment encourages us to engage with God’s Word and His people in a way that most of us never have before. As His Spirit works in our lives, it creates a passion to help others experience the same thing.
What is a Discipleship Group?
A Discipleship Group is a closed, gender-specific group of 3-5 believers who meet weekly for a season of accelerated spiritual growth and then replicate into multiple new Discipleship Groups.
What happens in a Discipleship Group?
The group has five key disciplines that each member focuses weekly on in their personal life:
- Reading the Bible through one of our Foundations Reading Plans
- Writing and sharing a H.E.A.R. Journal from one of those passages
- Engaging in mutual accountability with their group members
- Memorizing and meditating on scripture together
- Praying for each other and their one person in their life that doesn’t have an active relationship with Jesus
What is the curriculum?
Helping believers read and interact directly with the Bible is the most influential factor in a person’s growth. The group curriculum is the Bible reading plans. Instead of using a commentary or a different book, the D-Group will travel through God’s Word together and share the insights they get from their devotional time (H.E.A.R. Journals) with each other.
Any questions, reach out to Pastor Derek: firstname.lastname@example.org