Chapel families can get ready for a spectacular time of family fun games, pumpkin decorating contests, pre-packaged treat bags, and more! Chapel is pleased to offer a safer alternative to door-to-door trick or treating that points children to the true light, Jesus. All who wish are invited to wear family-friendly costumes.
Date: Saturday, October 31st. Pumpkin Decorating: 11 AM to 1 PM, Harvest Fun for Families: 1 PM to 3 PM
Rain Date: Sunday, November 1st
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED for this kid-friendly, scare-free event.
To register, click the orange registration buttons below.
Our Harvest Event has two segments:
You must register for each segment you will attend.
1. A team-based pumpkin decorating event that will occur between 11 AM to 1 PM.
2. A harvest event geared toward preschoolers and young elementary-aged children which will feature simple outdoor games and pre-filled candy and treat bags. Families must pre-register for a time slot from either 1-1:45 PM or 2-2:45 PM. Registration will close when all slots fill or by Friday, October 30th.
Chapel Students or family groups can organize into teams to create a creative, scare-free pumpkin display that will be set up between 11 AM to 1 PM. Some supplies will be provided, but teams can bring in additional pumpkins if desired. Families attending the kid-friendly event immediately following will cast votes for their favorite displays and prizes will be given out.
For more details or to signup to decorate a pumpkin display, email Josh King, Director of Student Ministries by Friday, October 30th so that we can have supplies for your team.
Harvest Fun for Families
With the safety of door-to-door trick or treating in question, Chapel is looking to provide a fun, yet simple alternative for families with young children. The time slots will be from 1 - 1:45 PM and 2 - 2:45 PM. Families MUST pre-register for a time slot. Unfortunately, given the circumstances, we cannot accommodate walk-ins.
Example of Harvest Activities:
Some of our outdoor activities may include:
- A Photo-Op area for you to take photos
- A dance station with music and bubbles
- Pumpkin ring toss
- Pumpkin bowling
- A station to pick up pre-packaged treat bags
- And more!
Donations and Volunteers Needed!
We need YOUR help to create an inviting and engaging environment! Please contact Jennifer White, Office Administrator, if you can:
- Donate bags of pre-wrapped candy
- Donate pumpkins for decorating
- Can volunteer the week before to assemble treat bags
- Would like to help plan and prepare for the event
- Can help with set up and tear down before and after the event
- Would like to make a monetary donation toward the cost
Gathering Size: The total number of people on the property during a given time frame will be limited to 50 people which follows current guidelines.
Mask policy: Adults and children age 5 and up masks are required, children between age 2-5 masks are at the discretion of the parents, and children under age 2 should not wear masks.
Sanitizing: Sanitizing wipes will be provided for parents to clean game items between uses. Hand-sanitizing stations will be available.