For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
At Chapel, we want every person who interacts with our church to be known, loved, and celebrated. This desire has birthed our Special Needs Ministry.
We are still in the beginning stages of developing this vital ministry for children, teens, and adults with special needs and their families. It is our hope that the whole body of Christ -- regardless of physical ability, cognitive processing, verbal communication, or behavioral struggles -- is welcomed, ministered to, and has the opportunity to use their God-given gifts to minister to others.
The Special Needs Ministry provides:
- Buddy Ministry for children with special needs that are best served with an adult or teen "buddy" so they can participate as fully as possible in the Chapel Kids ministries. If you are considering visiting Chapel and would like a buddy for your child, please email Tanya so we can ensure a buddy is ready to meet your child when you arrive on Sunday.
- 1:1 Student Ministry >for teens who would like to attend camps and retreats but may need a little more assistance to successfully navigate an extended time away.
- Assisted Listening Devices for adults with a hearing impairment to better hear the sermons. These sound-enhancing devices are available at the audio booth.
- Large Print Bibles for the visually impaired are available in the Worship Center.
- Prayer Ministry for those with special needs and their families. Our team is committed to praying for you, please email Kim if you have a prayer request.
We held our first Special Easter Egg Hunt for kids with special needs and their families in 2017 and saw the number of families that attended grow in 2018 and 2019. We have already set the date for the next Special Easter Egg Hunt: Friday, April 3, 2020! We limit the number of people that attend this event for kids that may have a hard time in larger gatherings, so reservations are required.
For more information about Chapel's Special Needs Ministry, please contact Bethany. If you are interested in becoming involved with this ministry or would like to help meet the various needs of families affected by special needs, please contact Tanya.